JOIN US on September 20!
Learn about building soil health and organic matter with high carbon crop rotation, reductions in tillage and nutrient management.
Thursday, September 20th at 11:00 a.m.
Registration begins at 10:00 a.m.
Wagner’s, Inc. Bin Site
From Roslyn: One mile west of Roslyn on US Hwy. 25 – Site is on north side of the road
From Webster: 11 miles north on US Hwy. 25 – Site is on north side of the road
Cost is FREE.
RSVP to Jim Ristau by September 13 to reserve your free lunch!
email@example.com or call 605-730-3474
- Registration Begins
- Welcome and Introductions – Jim Ristau, SD Corn Director of Sustainability
- Importance of building organic matter through the use of soil health principles & farm history of Wagner’s, Inc. – Ryan Wagner, Farmer, President of SD Corn Utilization Council
- How I’ve grown carbon and what it means on my farm – Joe Breker, ND Farmer & 2017 NCGA Good Steward Award Recipient
- Lunch at Roslyn Community Center (Catered by Frohling Meats, Inc.)
- The Science and Biology of Organic Matter through Management – Dr. Jose Guzman, SDSU & Dr. Steve Apfelbaum, Applied Ecological Services
- Soil Health Demonstrations – NRCS
- Soil Pit, Rainfall Stimulator and Slake Test
SD SOIL HEALTH COALITION
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY